How do I "lock down" a box so it can be copied by all users but not changed?
Last Updated: May 17, 2010 | 286 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
The best strategy to accomplish this is as follows:
- Create a "Reusable Content" or "Template" guide in your system - keep editing permissions on this guide limited to yourself (NOTE: other System Administrators in your account will still be able to edit this, as they are able to edit any guide in your system!)
- Create the boxes you'd like other LibGuides creators to reuse in this guide (tip: make the box titles easy to remember!)
- Change the guide status to "Private" (meaning it's published, but hidden from general view)
- Share this "Private" URL with the rest of your LibGuides content creators (let them see all the cool stuff that's available!)
- Let your content creators know the proper method for using these boxes is to create "linked" versions of the boxes (rather than copying) - that will provide two major advantages:
- Creating "Linked" versions will prevent any changes to the "child" box (where your original box is the "parent")
- If you ever want/need to update this box, you only have to make edits to the "parent" box (that only you and the other System Administrators have access to), and those changes will automatically apply to any and all "child" boxes.