How to I add a GALE Widget?
We actually have a whole guide dedicated to learning how to add search boxes from vendors & the general web to your LibGuides: Creating Search Boxes http://help.springshare.com/searchboxes
For Gale Widgets: Use the instructions in the "How to use this page" box and the "How do you do it" box to create your Gale search widget and add it to your LibGuide.
For your convenience, here are the instructions...
Get the Widget Code
- Go to http://access.gale.com/widgets/
- Select database; click on create
- Find your Gale locationID
The term locationID is synonymous with username. Your username/location ID is found in your access URL's and at the end of InfoMarks. Listed below are some examples of access URLs which contain username/location ID.
- Click on Create
- Right click on Widget, View Source, and Copy the code
Add it to Your Guide
- Add a Rich Text box to your page.
- Click add text, then click on the Plain Text Editor tab toward the top of the box.
- Paste the code and click Save Changes.
- You may need to refresh your page to see the changes.
Voilà! You've got a super cool search box!