Can we add our LibGuides to our college or university's search engine?
Yes! There are two ways this can be done - you'll want to work with your IT department in either case.
1. XML Export
If your institution's search appliance can handle XML imports, you can periodically provide your IT department with an XML Export of your site.
- You must have the Images & Backup Module to get an XML Export.
- You must log into your system as an admin-level user to get to the XML Export.
- Select Tools > Add-on Module.
- Click the link to request an XML Export.
- When it is available, download it and email it to your IT department.
2. Crawl Your LibGuides Site:
If you don't have the Images & Backup Module, your IT department may be able to point your institution's search appliance to your LibGuides site, and have the appliance crawl the site.
If you're using Google Search Appliance, please read this FAQ for more details: http://guidefaq.com/a.php?qid=122444