Can I access the LibGuides CSS?
Sure! You can view the CSS file for a standard site installation at http://demo.libguides.com/css/libguides.css.
If you want to make changes on your LibGuides site, start by reading our Help Guide to Customizing the LibGuides CSS. It describes 2 methods of customizing:
1. Custom JS/CSS Code
Get to this option by heading to Admin Stuff > Look & Feel.
On the System Wide tab, scroll to the Custom JS/CSS Code box.
This method is simple, but it has a drawback - it slows down loading of your LibGuides pages, since the styles need to load every time a user visits any page in your system
2. Create a new stylesheet
- Download the current LibGuides stylesheet
- Make any changes you'd like to the CSS classes defined in the file
- Delete any classes you don't customize (very important!)
- Upload your customized copy to a local webserver
- Head to Admin Stuff > Look & Feel, and scroll down to the Custom JS/CSS Code box.
- Add a reference to your new stylesheet using standard CSS file include syntax
For example, if you defined all your custom styles in a file called libguides.css, and uploaded that stylesheet on one of your institution's webservers, e.g. http://www.myinst.edu/styles/libguides.css
Then, in the Custom <HEAD> section of the System-wide customization screen you should write the following:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.myinst.edu/styles/libguides.css" />