Is there a way to insert a picture that, when I click on it, enlarges?
There are actually a couple of options...
You can use a tool like PopBox! to enlarge thumbnails in a pop-up window in your guides. You just need to follow the instructions they provide...and upload the script/stylesheet/images to a server at your library/institution. There are more detailed instructions on their web site as well as in the readme file they provide.
After you upload the script/stylesheet/images to your servers, just add the references to them in your Custom JS/CSS Code box on the System-wide Settings page. (You must be an admin in your system to do this.)
Then follow the instructions for adding the appropriate information to your img tag. After adding the image to your box and saving, edit the box again, click the Plain Text Editor tab at the top of the box, and find the <img> tag for your image. Then add the code/attributes for PopBox! to that tag.
You must use the Plain Text Editor in a rich text box to add the additional attributes/code to the <img> tag.
Link to the Larger Image
Add the Image
- Edit the box where you want to add the image.
- Click on the tree icon () in the 2nd row of buttons in the rich text editor.
- If you have the image manager, click the red link to choose the image from your image library (or upload the image).
If you do not have the image manager, paste the URL for the image in the Image URL field.
- Use the Dimensions boxes to specify the width and/or height of the image so that it fits within the box.
- Copy the URL in the Image URL field.
- Click Insert.
Add the Link to the Full Size Image
- Highlight the image you just added and click the link icon ( - to the left of the tree icon).
- Paste the image URL in the Link URL field.
- Choose whether you want the full-sized image to appear in the same window or in a new window.
- Click Insert.