When I insert an image from flickr, I get an empty box to manipulate rather than the picture. How do I get the URL for an image in flickr?
Since we first answered this question a few years ago, Flickr has changed how you get/use their images several times.
You can't grab the URL for an image anymore since that goes against their "Community Guidelines" which state that "pages on other websites that display content hosted on flickr.com must provide a link from each photo or video back to its page in flickr". Read more: http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#2265887
You still have options, though! You can use their embed code to embed the image (with appropriate link back to flickr) in a Rich Text box or the rich text portion of any other box.
- Go to the image you'd like to use in flickr.
- Click the box with the arrow pointing outward, just below the image.
- Click the Grab the HTML/BBCode option & copy the code in the box.
- Go to the guide/page where you want to add the image.
- Click the add text or edit text link in a rich text box (or the top portion of any other box type).
- Click the Plain Text Editor tab toward the top of the editing box.
- Paste the code from flickr wherever you want the image to appear.
- Click Save and Close.
If there's anything you'd like to change in the image properties, you can do that after you paste in the code either in the HTML or using the Rich Text Editor options.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click the Rich Text Editor tab at the top of the box.
- Click on the image.
- Choose the insert/edit image icon () from the 2nd row of options.
- Make any changes you'd like (size, border, etc.) and click Update.