How do I customize the Search Box Options in the System Settings page?
What Is It?
The search box you see toward the top of every page in your site is fully customizable!
What does this mean? It means you get to choose what appears in that search drop down (along with "This Guide" and "All Guides") and you get to choose which search is the default!
What can you put there? Anything you can find a search URL for!
- Google search
- Federated search
- Catalog search
This is great if your users have a tendency to use the LibGuides search box as a starting place for research. If you add the search URL for your federated search to this box, they will be starting their research right from that box!
- Log in as an admin level user.
- Go to Admin Stuff > System Settings.
- Select Search Box Options tab.
- Choose the wording of each search option.
- Add the search options you want:
- Library Catalog
- Federated Search
- Whatever else you can think of...
- Choose which search option is the default.
Check out our guide here for directions and tips for customizing!