How do I add a Facebook widget to my guide or homepage?
The Facebook widgets on LibGuides homepages are pretty cool! :)
Those libraries used a Rich Text box to add the widget. The widget is provided by Facebook.
- Go to Facebook and create your widget: http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/
Most of the folks who've added this to their LibGuides have used the Fan Box widget in the Website or Business column.
- After the widget has been created, copy the code for Other.
- Log into LibGuides and go to the page where you want to add the widget.
- Add a Rich Text box and click add text.
- Click the tab for the Plain Text Editor and paste the code you got from Facebook.
- Click Save Changes.
- Refresh your page. Your fan box should appear.
You can modify certain parameters of Facebook's code after pasting it into your rich text box, like width and connections. I changed the width to 475px and the connections to 16 in the example below: