Some of our subjects only have one guide assigned to it. It would be great to bypass the subject index page and go straight to the guide.
(1) Admin Stuff > Subject Categories
(2) Locate section titled Subject Page Redirect.
(3) To enable this sort of routing, just select Automatically redirect to the resource rather than displaying the subject page.
Although this redirecting is possible, before implementing it, we suggest you consider two things:
(1) Usability: It may be confusing to users if clicking one subject link on a page they are taken to a list of guides, while other subject links take them right to a guide.
(2) Navigation: Automatically redirecting users to a guide makes it impossible for them to browse different subjects to see what guides are available, since every time you hit a subject with just one guide you are redirected away from the browse screen to a different guide whether or not that is the guide you wanted to view.