I want to require users to authenticate via my proxy server before accessing my Guides, LibGuides, or LibGuides CMS. Can I do this?
Restricting access to your site and routing users through your proxy server is possible! This feature is exclusive to LibGuides CMS.
- Access Rules (IP & Password)
- Discussion Boards
- Group Organization and Customization
- Survey/Assessment Builder
- ...and much more.
Do you have LibGuides CMS and want to route users through an authentication proxy?
Please note: Routing users through your proxy server is a site-wide setting.
1. Add the IP address of your Proxy Server to the site-wide access rules in LibGuides CMS. (Admin Stuff > System Settings > Access Rules)
2. Add your site address to your Proxy Server Config File
3. Route all users to the your site via the proxified URL: http://ezproxy.library.edu/login?url=http://library.campusguides.com
4. To allow on-campus users direct access, add their IP ranges (on-campus or in your community) to your LibGuides CMS Access Rules and to your Proxy Server Config File.
When users access your system from an unknown IP address or from the un-proxified URL they will be shown an 'access denied' message (see image below) by default, or they can be redirected to a URL of your choosing.
This can be used to redirect the visitor to an EZproxy or VPN login page, a text page that explains how to access the content from off-campus, or any other URL you choose.
For help setting up a custom error page or redirect please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: we do not support any method of single sign-on for putting a Springshare product (LibGuides/LibGuides CMS/LibAnswers/LibCal/LibAnalytics) behind a login or authenticating against a list of users (LDAP).