How do I create an alert when new guides have been created?
The easiest way to get alerted when new guides are published is to sign up to receive email updates. This is available by default on your institution home page - the box looks something like this:
Click the "register" link, and you'll have the option to receive an email update:
- When any new guide is published
- When a guide with certain tags is published
- When a specific librarian publishes a guide
Don't see this box on your homepage? Just add register.php to the end of your LibGuides URL and you'll get to the right place! (For example: http://help.springshare.com/register.php)
You can also announce new guides easily, on Twitter. While this is a great way to publicize your guides, it requires you (or the guide author) to add a message manually. The email updates are automatic.
- When publishing a guide, you'll see a Post to Twitter button appear after you choose "Published" from the drop-down menu. Check that box.
- Enter your Twitter username/password and then click Save Status. A message will be posted on your Twitter feed to let people know about your new guide.
Note: Currently, there is no system-wide RSS feed to let people know when new guides are published - but it's on our to do list!