What kinds of Groups should I make? And how do I setup my groups in LibGuides CMS?
What Are Groups? How Can I Use Them?
Groups are a way of organizing and managing your site content.
Once you create them, you'll have a veritable pandora's box of options available to you in terms of customization, access, and site management.
Here are a few different approaches to group creation:
- Create Groups by Audience. Do you have guides that are geared towards specific audiences? Use Groups to organize that content by Audience type. For example, Online students/Faculty or Children/Young Adult audience.
- Create Groups by Type of guide. For example, Course/Class Guides, Subject Guides, Research Guides, etc...
- Create Groups based upon branch/campus location.
- Does your library specialize or collect something unique? Use Groups to draw attention to unique/special collections at your library.
- What about special events or library-created content such as newsletters? Use Groups to to organize your events and library-created content efficiently.
- At an Academic Library? Create Groups based upon disciplines/majors. For example, Nursing, Legal Studies or Culinary Arts.
How Do I Create a Group?
To start defining your LibGuides CMS groups, head to your Admin screen and select Admin Stuff > Groups.
Note: You must be an admin-level user in your system to do this.
Click Create a New Group, and in the popup menu that appears, enter the group's name and a brief description.