My EBSCO RSS feed is telling me it's empty - it was showing up before, what happened?
Ahhh, we've heard of this happening a bunch. Basically, what's happening is the EBSCO RSS feed is expiring, so the feed becomes empty.
There's 1 step that you need to take when creating EBSCO RSS feeds that you may have missed: saving the alert. Here's what you do:
- Log in to the EBSCOhost database for which you want to create a feed.
- Perform the search for which you want to create a feed.
- Click on the Alert/Save/Share link.
- Click on RSS Feed.
- The Create Alert screen pops up. Copy the feed URL.
- Click the Save Alert button. (See screenshot below.)
It's that last step that many people miss - and skipping that step means that the feed will expire. As long as you save the alert at the end of the process, your feeds from EBSCOhost should not become "empty" feeds.