Can I create a survey, form, or quiz in my guide? Can I share it outside of my guide?
If you have LibGuides CMS, you have a built in Survey / Form tool that'll help you build whatever kind of survey, form, or quiz you'd like!
(If the form you're looking to create is more of an "Ask a Librarian" type of form, you'll want to check out LibAnswers - it is the perfect product to help with all of your virtual reference needs. :)
Learn more from our Survey Tool guide in the help site:
- Create / modify / style surveys (or forms or quizzes ;)
- Change properties, like:
- Visibility - set your form to only be visible between certain dates
- Email notifications - decide who will be notified each time the form is filled out, no matter where it's filled out. (Guide owners will always be notified whenever submissions happen for surveys on their guides.)
- Success message / URL to redirect users to upon submission
- Password to access survey/form.
- Adding, editing, and deleting questions
- Reordering questions and answer options within questions
- Sharing your surveys through links or embedding in guides / other webpages
- Reviewing responses and exporting those responses to Excel.
Of course, if you don't have LibGuides CMS, you can use another survey tool or quiz creator and embed them in your guides using whatever embed options that tool provides! Just make sure you paste the code into the Plain Text Editor in a Rich Text box. ;)