How do i upload or embed a video?
You'll want to embed the video in an Embedded Media & Widgets box type.
We don't currently support uploading videos directly to a guide - instead, the video needs to be hosted, either at a site like YouTube or on your local servers.
Embedding a video from YouTube:
- Navigate to the video you'd like to embed.
- Click on the Share button - a URL will show up. Click on the Embed button below the URL.
- Several options will appear below; you can change the size and border of the video if you would like. When you are done, copy the code in the box. (In the picture below, the code is highlighted in yellow.)
- Go back to the guide and create an Embedded Media & Widgets box to embed your video in. Click on the Add Media & Widget Code link.
- Paste the code you copied from YouTube into the space labeled Embed Code.
- Click Save Changes - you're done! :)
- To embed content provided on your local institution servers, it's best to talk with your local IT support team to determine the correct Embedded Code.