How do I link to a box in a guide?
Every box has a unique ID which allows you to easily link directly to that box.
You can get the link either by editing the box title and copying/pasting the link, or you can build the link yourself.
Copy/Paste the Link:
- Log in to LibGuides and browse to the page that contains the target box.
- Click the edit link in the top right corner of the box, in the title section.
- Choose Edit Box Info from the menu > Box Link & Embed Code Tab.
- Copy the URL.
- Paste the URL for that box wherever you want.
Build the Link Yourself:
- Login to LibGuides and browse to the page that contains the target box.
- Scroll down to the target box and place your mouse over the "edit" link for the box.
This will open a small tooltip that contains the ID number of the box you are looking at; here is an example for box ID #26, with the tooltip circled in red.
Since there is so much content in LibGuides, chances are your box ID will be much larger than our example, so grab a pen and write down the ID number displayed in the tooltip.
- Now all you need to do is add a "#" symbol and the box ID to the end of the public URL for your page.
In the example that I have listed here, I would take the public guide URL - http://demo.libguides.com/content.php?pid=116&sid=19 - and add a "#" symbol followed by the box ID number "26", which results in the following URL: