Can I password-protect a LibGuide? How do I find the password later if I forgot?
If you have the basic LibGuides platform, you may wish to change your guide status to Private - you can share the URL only with people you want to see the guide. Private guides do not appear in search results.
If you have LibGuides CMS, here's how you can enable password-protection:
- Go to Guide Settings > Change Guide Information
- Click the Advanced Settings tab
- Enter a password
- Click Save
Forgot the guide password, or want to change it? It's easy to find, as long as you're the guide owner or an admin. :)
- Log into your LibGuides CMS system and go to the guide for which you need the password.
- Head to Guide Settings > Change Guide Information.
- Choose the Advanced Settings tab. There's your password! If you'd like to change it, just enter a new password and click Save.