How do I add a tab/page to my guide?
To add pages (or "tabs") to your guides, head to the orange Command bar and select Add/Edit Pages > Add/Reuse Page.
In the popup screen that appears, select:
- Page Name: The name you want to appear on the tab
- Description: Enter a description of the page that users will see when they hover over the tab.
- Position: select whether you'd like a top level tab, or whether you'd prefer to create a sub-page under an existing page
- URL (optional): create a page/tab that links out to another URL. For example, if you have one citation guide in your system, you might want to add a page/tab called "Citation Help" that takes your patrons right to your citation guide.
- This does not create a "friendly URL" for individual pages.
- If you'd like to link to a guide in your system, use a relative URL to open the guide in the same window. For example, if my URL is http://help.springshare.com/homepage, I can just add homepage to the URL field.
- If you'd like to link to another website, use the full URL and it will open in a new window.
Click Create Page, and BAM! You've got a brand-new page/tab to work with.