How do I embed a pdf inside a box?
Want to embed a PDF within a box?
Note: This method won't work on all browsers/platforms - the basic gist is that the behavior of non-html documents (like .pdf, .doc, etc.) is a property that's defined by an individual for their workstation. This is both for security and compatibility - e.g. if I don't have Word or Adobe installed on my machine, trying to display a .docx in my browser means I'm going to see a blank page.
- Upload a file to a Documents and Files box
- Copythe resulting URL by right-clicking on the link. Depending on which browser you're using, you'll see something different. Look for:
- Copy shortcut if you use Internet Explorer
- Copy link location if you use Firefox
- Copy link address if you use Chrome
- In the same Documents and Files box, select "add text"at the top of the page.
- IMPORTANT: Best practice is to upload a link to the document and the embedded version in the same Documents and Files box.
- Click the Plain Text Editortab at the top of the box & paste in the following code, adding in the URL and changing the 600 in the height & width to whatever size you want.
<iframe src="PASTE IN YOUR URL" scrolling="yes" width="600" height="600">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes</p>