How do I associate my guide with a subject?
You can assign guides to subjects:
- from the guide itself, or
- from the Admin Stuff > Subject Categories page (admin-level users only).
Guides can be assigned to as many categories as you'd like.
Guides will only show up in the subject list if they are published.
A few caveats about timing:
- Does your site use the expandable subject menu? That menu uses our API, so it may take a few hours before your guide appears in the menu.
- It may take up to 24 hours after publishing the guide for it to appear in search results, or to see the subject appear on your homepage (if there were no published guides associated with the subject before) due to the nightly indexing of all sites.
Assign Subjects From Your Guide
- Go to Guide Settings > Change Guide Information in the orange command bar.
- Click on the Subject Associations tab.
- Choose a subject from the drop-down list to have your guide show up in the list for that subject.
- (Optional) If you'd like to associate your guide with multiple subjects, just pick another subject from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- Guides will not show up in the subject list until they are published.
- You can remove a guide from a subject area by clicking on the X next to the subject name.
Assign Subjects as an Admin-level User
There are 2 ways you can do this:
I. Guide Index Page
- Go to Guides > All Guides Index.
- If you'd like, use the filters at the top to find the guide(s) you want.
- Click the blue i icon in the Actions column to get the guide information for that guide.
- Follow the instructions above for adding subject categories to that guide.
II. Subject Categories Page
- Go to Admin Stuff > Subject Categories.
- Click the Associate a guide/resource link at the bottom of a subject box.
- Choose the guide from the drop down menu and click Associate
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 for each guide you'd like to associate with that subject.