How do I add cover art to a Books from the Catalog box?
In order to add cover art, you need to have either:
- the book's ISBN, or
- the URL for the cover art.
Using the Book's ISBN
More often than not, you'll use the ISBN of the book to add cover art. LibGuides offers 2 services for adding the cover art: Syndetics and Amazon. Between these two services, you should be able to add cover art for most books.
The Syndetics cover art service is available for use only within LibGuides and LibGuides CMS, whether you subscribe to Syndetics or not.
- In the Books from the Catalog box, click Add New Book and add the ISBN to the ISBN box. (13 digit ISBNs will only work with Syndetics; they will not work with Amazon - a limitation of their API.)
If you already have a book listed & you just need to add the cover art, click the Edit or Delete Book icon ().
- Click Get Book Info.
- The title, author, publication date, description (if you have CampusGuides), and cover art fields will be filled out automatically with any available information. Syndetics is chosen by default, but you're welcome to switch to Amazon's cover art or a different service, using the "Other" option and entering the URL for the cover art.
- Choose what size you'd like the icon to be: small, medium, or large.
- Add any other information you want.
- Click Save Book Info.
Using a URL
If you happen to have a cover art service other than Syndetics, you can simply add the URL to the book's cover art by choosing the "Other" option.