How do I get a link to open in the same window instead of it opening in a new window? Or vice versa?
The answer all depends on where you're trying to do this:
- System Wide Defaults
- Changing individual items:
- Linking a page in a guide out to another guide or web site. (Redirect URL)
- Go to Admin Stuff > System Settings.
- Click the Link Options tab.
- In the Proxy Server & Link Target > Opening New Windows in Guides section, select the option you want to be the default.
Note: There is no need to click a "save" button. Once you choose the option, it is automatically saved! :)
The default behavior for links in these boxes are set at the system level. You can choose to have links open in the same page or a new window. If you decide to change this default setting, it affects all of these types of boxes across your entire LibGuides system.
You can also change individual links to have different behavior. By default, they'll take the default behavior in your System Settings. If you'd like to change the behavior for an individual link:
- Add/Edit a link.
- You'll see a setting called Window Target. Choose the setting you want:
- Use System Default
- Open Link in Same Window
- Open Link in New Window
- Click Save Changes.
Rich text boxes are not affected by the system-wide settings. This means you can choose on a link-by-link basis whether you want it to open in the same window or a new window.
- Highlight the text you want to link and click the link (chain) icon ().
- Add the URL, then choose the target:
- Same window, or
- New window
- Click Insert.
The default behavior for links in these boxes/lists are set at the system level. You cannot change them individually.
The default behavior when using the "redirect URL" option when adding a page is to have the link open in the same window. This setting cannot be changed.