How do I add an RSS feed to my guide?
We have a content box specifically for displaying RSS feeds on your LibGuides pages. Adding them is a pretty easy process.
First you need to get the feed.
Using NYT as an example:
- Go to http://www.nytimes.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click the RSS button in the footer. This brings you to all of the RSS options.
- Click on the name of the feed you'd like.
- Copy the link in the address bar.
- Log into your LibGuides system.
- Go to the guide on which you'd like to display the feed.
- Add a new box and choose RSS Feed for the box type.
- Once the box is created, click Add RSS Feed.
- Paste the feed you copied earlier into the Feed URL box.
- Enter the number of items you want to display and choose how the item description is displayed.
- Click Update.