By default, your guide is unpublished when it is created. When you're ready to share your guide with the world, you need to publish it:
- While in edit mode in your guide, click Guide Settings > Change Guide Information in the orange command bar.
- Scroll down to the section labeled Guide Publication Status. There are 3 possible statuses:
- Unpublished: This is the default status for a new guide. No one will be able to see this guide unless they have a login to your LibGuides system.
- Published: Your guide is published, available to the world through your LibGuides site, search engines, the LibGuides Community site, and anywhere else you publish the link.
- Private: The guide is published, *but* the only people who can get to it are people who know the URL. It will not show up in any lists on your site, nor will it show up in any searches (on your site or through Google/any other search engine.
- (Optional) If you choose Published, you will also have the option of posting an announcement about your newly published guide on Twitter. Just click Post to Twitter.
- Click Save to change your guide's status and (optionally) post the status update to Twitter.