How do I hyperlink to a specific box on one of my pages?
I want to link my users from the page I'm working on to a specific box on another page. How do I do that?
Last Updated: Jun 01, 2012 | 7427 Views
Was this helpful? 2 0
You can either edit the box title and copy/paste the link, or you can build the link yourself.
Copy/Paste the Link:
- Log in to LibGuides and browse to the page that contains the target box.
- Click the edit link in the top right corner of the box, in the title section.
- Choose Change Box Title/Type from the menu.
- When the Edit Box Info screen appears, click on Box Link & Embed Code.
- Copy the first URL.
- Paste the URL for that box wherever you want.
Build the Link Yourself:
- Login to LibGuides and browse to the page that contains the target box.
- Scroll down to the target box and place your mouse over the "edit" link for the box.
This will open a small tooltip that contains the ID number of the box you are looking at; here is an example for box ID #26, with the tooltip circled in red.
Since there is so much content in LibGuides, chances are your box ID will be much larger than our example, so grab a pen and write down the ID number displayed in the tooltip.
- Now all you need to do is add a "#" symbol and the box ID to the end of the public URL for your page.
In the example that I have listed here, I would take the public guide URL - http://demo.libguides.com/content.php?pid=116&sid=19 - and add a "#" symbol followed by the box ID number "26", which results in the following URL: