How do I proxy authenticate My E-Reserves pages in LibGuides CMS?
1. Add the IP address of your Proxy Server to the E-Reserves Access Rules in LibGuides CMS. (Admin Stuff > System Settings > Access Rules)
2. Add your LibGuides CMS site address to your EZ-Proxy Server Config File
3. Route all users to the your E-Reserves via the proxified URL: http://ezproxy.library.edu/login?url=http://library.campusguides.com/er.php
4. To allow on-campus users direct access, add their IP ranges (on-campus or in your community) to your LibGuides CMS Access Rules and to your Proxy Server Config File.
5. Create a custom error page/redirect page (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org):
When users access your system from an unknown IP address, from the un-proxified URL or if they select the E-Reserves tab on your LibGuides CMS homepage they will be shown an 'access denied' message (see image below) by default, or they can be redirected to a URL of your choosing.
This can be used to redirect the visitor to an EZproxy or VPN login page, a text page that explains how to access the content from off-campus, or any other URL you choose.
Please note: we do not support any method of single sign-on for putting a Springshare product (LibGuides/LibGuides CMS/LibAnswers/LibCal/LibAnalytics) behind a login or authenticating against a list of users (LDAP).