How can I add cover art for DVDs or CDs to a Books from the Catalog box?
Since Syndetics has cover art for DVDs and CDs, it is technically possible to add the cover art to a Books from the Catalog box...it just requires the DVD/CDs UPC number & a little trick. ;)
The requirement in that box is to add a 10 or 13 digit ISBN...since it's mostly used for books. The UPC numbers I've found for DVDs are 12 digits. I found that adding a zero to the beginning of the number makes it work.
So, here's how you do it:
- Find the DVD/CDs UPC number.
- Look at the DVD cover;
- See if it's listed in your catalog;
- Look it up on Barnes & Noble. (I've found that it's not listed on Amazon...)
- Search for / click on the correct title.
- Click the Full Product Details tab (below the basic product info).
- Copy the UPC number.
- Go to your Books from the Catalog box and click Add New Book.
- In the ISBN field, paste the UPC code for the DVD/CD.
Add as many zeros to the beginning of the number as you need to make it 13 digits.
- Click Syndetics in the Cover Art area on the right.
(Do not click Get Book Info - if you do, you'll get a "No matches found" error.)
- Add in any other information you'd like to have in the box.
- Click Save Book Info.