Why should I use a Links and Lists / Simple Web Links box, rather than a Rich Text box?
There are a number of reasons that we recommend using either the "Simple Web Links" or "Links and Lists" box type. The "Link" box types contain a host of specialized features that are not available in the Rich Text box, including:
- Statistics tracking and reporting on the number of times the link is clicked
- Automated link checking through your System administrator screen
- Link boxes manage the link creation for you, so you don't need to worry about link or proxy formatting
- You can reuse any link you've created in a "Links" box type (including the full link, and the description / more information fields), so you only need to create a link once
- Even better, any "reused" link is automatically updated across your site when the original link is changed
While this does take a bit more time than pasting content directly into a Rich Text box, in the long run you'll save a lot of time in site maintenance and link troubleshooting - and you'll get more robust statistics to boot!