How do I put Anchors in a links box so I can have an A-Z list at the top to jump to a place in the list.
(1) First, go ahead and add all your links to the box.
(2) If you didn't add your links in alphabetical order, click on Reorder Links and then click on the Sort By Name button.
(3) Then what you need to do is find the link ID for the first link of each letter. So, say you have a list of B links, and the first link in your B links is Bing. Hover over the icon, and you should see a number - it should say something like Link #4882929.
(4) I suggest you repeat this step for each letter and do it all at once - you might want to make a little table that looks something like this:
And so on.
(5) Then what you're going to want to do is go up to the top of your box and "add text." You'll want to add all the letters at the top - maybe a little something like this:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G ...
(6) Next, you need to match up each letter with its anchor. So, you'd highlight the letter B and then click on the little 'chain link' picture () in the editor. A new box will pop up - in the URL portion, enter #link4879948 (replacing the number part with the appropriate number for that letter).
(7) Repeat this step for each letter.
A word of caution - if you add a new link, and that new link becomes the first one for that letter, you will need to update your anchors. For example, if you added www.bartleby.com to your list, you would have to find the ID number, and then replace the link you created in steps 5 and 6.