How do I redirect a page to a different guide / website?
I want a tab in our guide to link out to another guide in our system.
Last Updated: Nov 12, 2013 | 1678 Views
Was this helpful? 1 2
When you add a new page to your guide, you can make it redirect to any URL you want!
If you do set that option, anyone who clicks on that tab (or sub-page ;) will be brought to that URL.
- Go to Add/Edit Pages > Add/Reuse Page.
- On the Add Page screen, fill out the form:
- Page Name: give the page a name
- Description: optional, will appear when users hover over the tab/sub-page.
- Position: Choose whether you want to add the page as a top level page (a tab) or a sub-page of an existing top level page.
- Redirect URL: Tick the first checkbox to show the URL field. Add the URL for the page/guide here.
- Leave the second checkbox unchecked.
- If you click on the tab/sub-page while in edit mode, you will see a note telling you where the page redirects.
- If you click on the tab/sub-page in Preview mode or on your live site, you will be redirected to that page.
- Redirect links always open in the same window.
If users would like the link to open in a new window, they can right click and choose to open the page in a new tab or new window.