How do I invite someone to be a collaborator on one of my guides?
- Head to the guide you'd like to share
- Click Guide Settings --> Co-Owners, Editors & Collaborators
- Look for the Collaborators field-; enter the email address of the person you'd like to invite to collaborate, and click "Add"
The system will then send an email to the person you've invited (and cc you) with a username and password, as well as a link to the guide you're inviting them to edit. Your new collaborator can then click the link and log in to edit your newly shared guide!
A couple of notes about collaborator-level accounts:
- Collaborators don't have true "accounts" in your system - they have an account only on the guide they've been invited to.
- Collaborators can't access any system functions, including profiles - and since they don't have a profile, there isn't a profile box to display on that guide. If the collaborator has an account in their own institution, a way around this is to have them set up an API call (in their home system) to display their profile, then place that API call in a Rich Text box on your guide.