Does LibGuides have a search & replace tool? Can it replace just part of a link?
Last Updated: Dec 11, 2013 | 1949 Views
Was this helpful? 4 1
Yes and yes! Here's how to use it:
Note: You must be an admin level user in your system to do this.
Navigate to Admin Stuff > Link Management > Global Search & Replace tab
- Text to search for: Enter the original URL. It can be just part of a URL if that's all that's changing!
- Text to replace with: Enter the new URL (or URL fragment).
- Check the first check box to send a request to Springshare to run the search and replace in content boxes like Rich Text Boxes. (The search & replace utility immediately changes links in Links & Lists, Simple Web Links, or Books from the Catalog boxes. All other boxes are updated via this request.)
- Check off the 2nd box if the search is case sensitive.
- Click Search and Replace.